This immaculately preserved property is your chance to secure a classic piece of mid-century design. Like stepping into a time capsule, this home is a beautiful example of the era and the perfect compliment to modern living and design sensibilities. For those who love the current trend for modern, Scandinavian inspired design, the open plan living and dining with the battened feature divide would provide the perfect backdrop to furniture and finishings with this aesthetic. Retaining the timber panelled walls would complete the mid-century look, but would be equally stylish with a coat of paint in a neutral tone. The living space is also a showcase of the hardwood timber flooring, for which homes of this era are much sought after. These floors are throughout the remainder of the home, protected by lino and would be simply stunning once revealed. Because if its immaculate preservation, this investment gives the lucky future owners plenty of options, many of which could be achieved relatively inexpensively.
Privately tucked away from the street behind beautifully maintained gardens, the block slopes gently down to the parkland at the rear. The leafy outlooks and tranquil surrounds make this an ideal family home; it is easy to imagine children enjoying the direct access to Merchiston Street Park as an extension to their own grassy backyard! Three good sized bedrooms plus an additional storage room make this home larger than most in the area. The bathroom and kitchen retain their original fittings and cabinetry, but neatly presented and highly functional as is. This much loved property is ready and waiting for its next chapter, giving an opportunity for someone to create the next generation of happy memories.
This property features:
* Leafy position, backing onto parkland and a short walk to Norma Croaker Park
* Generous block with mature trees, well maintained gardens and plenty of grassy lawn to enjoy
* Original interiors, immaculately preserved
* Open plan living, dining and kitchen with stylish battened divide between living and dining
* Air conditioned living space showcases solid hardwood timber floors, remainder of flooring throughout house under lino or tiles
* Three good-sized bedrooms, each with ceiling fans and one with air conditioning
* Kitchen and bathroom in original but excellent condition
* Generous storage area under house
Situated on a generous 640sqm block, this property presents plenty of options to the discerning buyer. This is perfect for those who want a home in a quiet neighbourhood without sacrificing convenience. Less than five minutes drive to the local Elizabeth Street shopping centre and the larger Beaudesert Road shopping complex which includes both Woolworths and Aldi. Close to bus stops, major transport thoroughfares, local primary schools and Souths Sports Club, the convenience of this location is second to none. Opportunities like this do not come along often, register your interest today!