BORDER ASHBURY / HURLSTONE PARK
Magnificent freestanding early 1900s home restored and extended with supreme integrity, exemplifies refined elegance of a bygone era. Federation grandeur given a strong European accent defines “Halcyon” – a tranquil and breathtaking historical showcase.
Welsh slate roof tiles perfectly match original Federation bones. Soaring ornate 13 foot ceilings across intricate tributes to ‘old world’ craftsmanship and meticulous attention to timeless detail – down to the last rare hinge.
Sweeping interiors embrace stunning Clive Christian inspired Carrera marble and ‘French washed’ recycled Oregon kitchen. Gazebo conservatories wrapped with radiant stained glass harness northerly light as statuesque extensions of vast living space. A dazzling array of chandeliers casts a romantic illumine over every room.
* Multiple living areas include distinguished formal living and dining
* Showpiece kitchen equipped with ‘nostalgia’ Ilve gas stove and integrated appliances
* Huge Travertine spa bathroom starring Carrera vanity, custom French cabinetry and renaissance nickel tapware
* Dual French doors to tessellated bullnose verandah observing fragrant jasmine wall
* Victorian English garden a private sanctuary framed by pencil pines and hedge
* Three working fireplaces. Under floor R/C air conditioning
* Scope to easily convert existing living areas to additional bedroom/s
* Footsteps to transport, shops and prestigious Trinity Grammar
* Just 15 minutes to the CBD and with easy access to M4 and M5 motorways
Too many highlights to mention command a firsthand inspection to truly appreciate this ‘seen to be believed’ restorative genius – preserved forever in history with heritage listed status. Rediscover a lost era inside this lavish time capsule from which you will never want to leave. “Halcyon” is, quite simply, exquisite.
Land size: 530sqm
**SOLD $1.5 MILLION**